Note: submissions are closed.
|Workshop Proposals due:
Workshop go/no-go date:
|October 22, 2012
November 12, 2012
January 9, 2013
March 19, 2013
Daniel Sonntag - DFKI, Germany
Contact: workshops_tutorialschair2013 at iuiconf.org
Workshops will be held on the first day of the conference. We invite submissions of full-day (6
hours) and half-day (3 hours) workshop proposals on any of the conference topics.
Submission Guidelines and Notes
Each workshop proposal should provide the following information:
- Name and title: A one-word workshop name and a full title.
- Description of workshop topic and goal: This description should discuss the
relevance of the suggested topic and its interest to the intelligent user interface
community and the IUI 2013 audience. Include a brief discussion of why and for which
audience the workshop is of particular interest.
- Organizers: Names and full addresses (including email and web address) of the
workshop organizer(s). This can be a single person or a group of persons. Please
indicate the primary contact person for the workshop to IUI 2013. Strong proposals
include organizers who bring differing perspectives to the workshop topic and who are
actively connected to the communities of potential participants.
- Workshop program committee: Names and affiliation of the members of the workshop
program committee in charge of evaluating the workshop submissions.
- Participants: A statement saying how many participants you expect and how you plan
to invite participants for the workshop. The proposal should include the names of at least
10 people who have expressed interest in the workshop.
- Workshop format: A brief description of the workshop format regarding the mix of
events such as paper presentations, invited talks, panels, demonstrations, and general
- Length: Full-day or half-day.
- Workshop proposal format: Workshop proposals should be maximum 2 pages long
and follow the formatting instructions from SIGCHI. (See Resources box at the top of the page.)
- Review: Workshop proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by the workshop chair and
the IUI 2013 conference and program committees.
- Publication: An extended abstract of the workshop will be included in the ACM Digital
Library for IUI 2013. Workshop proposals and workshop papers will not be published in
the ACM Digital Library. A single PDF including all workshop papers and notes will be
published on the IUI 2013 web site.
- Cancellation: Workshops with fewer than 10 paper submissions by January 9, 2013 will
- Submission: See Resources box at the top of the page.
Responsibilities of Workshop Organizers
- Producing a call for participation: This call will be posted on the IUI 2013 web site.
- Publicity: Organizers are responsible for additional publicity such as distributing the call
to relevant newsgroups and electronic mailing lists, and especially to potential audiences
from outside the IUI conference community.
- Submission: Submissions of the workshop papers will be handled by the workshop
- Web site: Organizers must maintain their own web site with updated information about
- Workshop notes: The workshop organizers coordinate the paper collection, production,
and distribution of the working notes for the workshops. Produce a single PDF with the
workshop material to allow inclusion in the IUI 2013 web site.
- Extended Abstract: The extended abstract is a description of the workshop intended for
publication in the IUI 2013 proceedings and may not exceed four pages. It must contain
a summary of the workshop goals and an overview of the workshop topics. It must follow
the formatting instructions from SIGCHI. (See Resources box at the top of the page.)
Back to Workshop (Participants)